Grange Primary

Oct 13

I just heard a rumour from the front line trenches that there is going to be a truce on Christmas Day. I wonder why that is?

Using this rumour as a starting point, write your own explanation as to why there is going to be a truce on Christmas Day 1914…

Christmas Truce 1

ChristmasTruce1

Trucecigarette

13 comments so far

1. Ellie
    2:19 pm - 10-14-2014

I heard a rumour that every Christmas Day Queen Mary would give each soldier a silver box with some fags inside it to keep them company while they’re waiting to fight.

2. jess
    2:23 pm - 10-14-2014

I heard a rumour that we going over the top on Christmas Day. I really hope not.

I heard a rumour that Sargeant Simon Fraser died yesterday about 5 minutes after he went over the top. I feel really sad for his wife and burns.

I heard a rumour that Joey, the magnificent brown stallion. was being forced to go into war.

3. Gracie
    2:26 pm - 10-14-2014

I heard a rumor that every weekend John, Joe, Jack, Jimbo and Charlie secretly play football on the battle field when all of the Germans are a sleep and the Sargent is asleep as well.

4. chloe
    4:01 pm - 10-14-2014

I heard a rumour that most of the Germans are dead I really do hope so.

I heard a rumour that the English are winning the war.

I heard a rumour all the soldiers have pea stew for dinner.

5. Katie
    4:48 pm - 10-14-2014

I heard a rumor that we will be home by Christmas, thats what most of lads are saying, I know I shouldn’t believe it but its giving me hope.

• brooke
      11:05 am - 10-15-2014

I like your post as “It gives me and the lads some hope” is great!

6. mason
    5:18 pm - 10-14-2014

I heard a rumour that every single night when the English have gone to sleep. John and Tim play with their football that they made out of their uniform.

7. zack
    5:45 pm - 10-14-2014

I heard a rumour that the bossy British Captain told the soldiers that they were not going home on Christmas. I also heard a rumour that the Germans were going to invade the British with flying balloons.

8. callum
    6:27 pm - 10-14-2014

I heard a rumour that we might be home by christmas, whispered Tom to Joe . It better had be true. Tom really wanted to go home but Joe didn’t. Because after he had the news that his mother died, he would have to live on his own

9. brooke
    11:01 am - 10-15-2014

I heard a rumour that we will be home for chistmas! I know i shouldnt belive it but it gives me, my beloved wife and the lads some hope to grab on to.

10. adam
    11:02 am - 10-15-2014

I heard a rumour that on chrismas my family will sent a letter to me.
    I heard a rumour that at night time some soldiers play football.
    I heard a rumour that my little girl is excited I am coming back.
    I heard a rumour that we are going to make peace.

11. Ben
    11:24 am - 10-15-2014

I heard a rumour we were going over the top, a lot of us are going to die.

I heard a rumour that Sergeant Jones got shot in the ear and survived the injuries.

12. gracie
    4:15 pm - 10-15-2014

I heard a rumour that we are going home on Christmas day to see our wives and burns.

I heard a rumour that joey had been blown up yesterday by a German bomb.